Thursday, October 1, 2009

Aunt Connie’s House

After the Elbo Room on Monday nihgt, we head to Jeremiah’s aunt Connie’s apartment, where we are staying for the night. Cindy, who we saw at the show, is also staying here. She offers me a beer but in a surprise move, I turn it down in favor of a delicious diet ginger ale. She also gives us these enormous “pancake” cookies, which are about the size of my face. We settle down on in the living room and watched “wall-E” on TV. What a wonderful movie. It’s probably Pixar’s finest work in my opinion. Probably has something to do with their collaboration with Studio Gibli, who in my opinion makes the best animation in the entire world.

Then we watch “Half Brothers” with Will Farrell. I think everyone else dozes off halfway through the movie so all my comments go unanswered and I just laugh myself to sleep.

In the morning, we scramble to get laundry done and I take my first shower in five days. All the while, Cindy is making us a wonderful breakfast of French toast, bacon, and scrambled eggs two ways, one with pepperjack and the other with beef. There’s tomatillo salsa, hot sauce, and freshly drawn maple syrup. There’s coffee and there is orange juice. A truly wonderful breakfast. Thank you Cindy and Connie for your generous hospitality! Next stop, Columbus, Ohio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home